Friday, December 10, 2010

wait.

just got done watching the movie "The Terminal", i think it's called, with Tom Hanks.
the entire movie is about Tom Hanks' character's unfathomable patience.

patience.

no one ever paints a masterpiece in a second.
no one ever writes and records a masterpiece in a second.
no one ever writes a masterpiece novel in a second.
no one can.

God never works on our time. not usually. cause honestly, and bluntly, it's not about us.
deal with it.
you either wait or are just asking to be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is true but I don't like it at all!!!! I hate waiting and I hate how disappointed I am because I have no idea about God's timing and I am not liking the not knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think though, at the end of the day, finding out what we didn't know, bit by bit, is the best part.
    It's kind of like how you have to have the bad to see the good.
    The things you wait for wouldn't have as much significance if you hadn't waited. Like parents waiting for adoption papers to work out. If it happened exo facto, it just wouldn't be the same.

    I think at the end of it all, this frustrating waiting is one of the most important things in the entire universe. Just think about. True love it seems always has to begin with waiting. lots and lots of waiting.
    You and I could both use those couple last lines.


    Can I get an amen?

    ReplyDelete